Friday, February 29, 2008

Another update




It's past that time again for an update on family life!

We are gearing up fro our drive to Florida for vacation. I'm really looking forward to it :) We were originally coming in March, but Ryan's work had different plans, so we will be there in April instead. I'm missing my SIL's baby shower, but I'll still get to spend time with her.

I got my hair cut yesterday, along with a new color with highlights. It was outrageously expensive, so that probably won't happen again for another year. I forgot the cost difference and why I dye my hair at home. It may not look as good, but it covers the gray. I'm going to post a picture of my hair straightened, and what it looks like just washed and air dried. It really is a haircut I can do a lot with :)

I was pleasantly surprised(to say the least) by the fact that I will be debt free(minus the labor and delivery bill I'm still paying on and student loan) in 6 months! It doesn't seem that long ago that I made a plan and started paying it off every month. The amount of debt seemed so large to me several years ago, that I chose to ignore it. It grew and grew, and so did my shame and embarrassment about it. Now, it's almost all paid off! When I am done with the payments, I will start paying more on my student loan (the interest is insanely high!). Slowly, it will all be gone. With two boys, and a husband, I'm sure it will be replaced with more things to pay for, but it feels good to have made such a dent, with only a little sacrifice. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You really should post a different picture on MOM...you look so different then your avatar.
Great hair cut, and now that I don't get professional HL/LL for FREE...I don't get them at all :-)