Monday, June 8, 2009

Belly and accountability update :)

I have been busy, busy, busy! I put Jonas in the bigger bedroom(where we have the futon), and now I'm using Jonas' old room as my craft room. My house hasn't looked better! I have all my scrapbook and sewing supplies in one organized area, and my front room back. Now when you walk in my front door, it doesn't look like a garage sale exploded.
I'm pretty sure I'm all ready for the new baby. I have a lot of cloth diapers and covers (some bought, some made, some traded for stuff I had laying around), and newborn and smaller summer clothes to replace the ones I've given away since Jonas was born. I also have some disposable diapers to last until the yucky poops are done. I made a hat and some matching booties this weekend (my first attempt at booties!) and I think they came out adorable :) I used cotton yarn, since I have so much of it, but I also have a ton of acrylic yarn, too. I'm sure I should make some more (or, you know, finish the billion other projects I started. Ha!), to help get rid of some of it.
Here is my updated belly picture, taken today 6/8/09 and the hat and booties I made over the weekend. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

those booties are adorable. i have some winter clothes that i will pass your way, bigger then 0-3 months, so hopefully they will work well for your new baby. you were so generous with us and then i passed them to kris. the stuff i have is not a ton, but hopefully helpful. can't wait to meet the baby!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great belly photo!
I love the hat and booties. You did a great job. The hardest part of booties is making two exactly alike!
I can't wait to see the changes you made in the house. Does Jonas want to sleep on the futon, too?
When I come out for the birth, will Elliot be in the room with Jonas, or what are your plans for that?
Love
Mama

Gwen Dixon said...

Laurece and I went into a store yesterday and they had kid pool toys at the front door. I missed my babies so much it hurt!!!!
Mama