Monday, September 10, 2007

Finally!

We are all moved in, the other apartment is cleaned, and the new one is full of boxes. I just can't be bothered to unpack them yet. Hey, the kitchen is unpacked, and food put away. Everyone has clothes, and the bathroom is unpacked. That's enough, right? I have all the time in the world to tackle boxes.

I love the new apartment! It's three bedrooms, and aside from the added space of that extra bedroom, it's a much larger apartment. The kitchen could be bigger, and I could use more cabinets, but who knew I'd be such a Suzy homemaker, anyway. I never cooked before I married Ryan (not much anyway), and now I bake all the time, and make huge dinners so I can freeze leftovers. I was really into baking bread before we moved from Washington, and I'm excited to get baking again. I may even try branching out and do the kneading myself, and not use the bread machine. On second thought, nah, I'll just use the machine! :)

Before we moved to Iowa, I had a folding kitchen table given to me by the best sister in law in the world. I saw it's potential immediately, and after stripping the old paint off of the top (two layers, one dark green, and one black) and sanding twice, it's a table to be proud of! I still haven't decided if I will stain it before I lay on a coat of sealer, but I'm impressed with myself. I'll make sure to post a picture when it's all done, as well as posting a picture of the apartment when we're finally unpacked. I should probably recruit helpers if the unpacking is to be done before baby #2 gets here!

Jonas gets cuter, and more curious every day. I love him so much! He whispers "what's that?" (it sounds like wussat) and "tickle tickle" (dirckle dirckle) when I tickle him. I keep working with him, and tell him what a cup is, a puppy, a bear, etc. I knew being a mother would be wonderful, but the rewards for 41 weeks of pregnancy, lack of sleep, getting spit up and pooped on(and pee a few times) are so much more than I would have ever dreamed they'd be.

That's a lot of updates, so I'll stop for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments: